Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Mood: estrogen enhanced. This does not bode well for the general public.

I teach. Let me clarify...I am an adjunct faculty member at a local university, so I teach two nights a week. I hate to begin any discussion this way, but AM I THE ONLY PERSON WHO IS NOT DEAF IN MY CLASSES?!!?

I have fielded no less than thirty emails today, ranging from minor not-following-the-guidelines-as-expressly-stated-in-the-handbook, to "I missed last night's exam. When can I make it up?" (Um, I dunno. Oh, wait - do I owe you more of an explanation or information than is being provided to me? Sorry! I'll make a special time for you right now.)

And don't get me started on the inability to choose a topic for a research paper. Textbook=index=pick one. Any one. Any. One. Really. Any time now. Paper's due Monday.

If I ever believed that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way, it has been beaten out of me by the Chinese torture of a steady stream of stupid.

I will now visit both the bowl of candy on my desk and the nearest Starbucks. Then I'll feel like teaching again tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home