Monday, November 14, 2005

Is there nothing too trashy for the Washington Post?

"The Church of the Rapture and Paradise Liquor prepare to leave corner of 14th and T behind."

Nice headline. At first I thought it was an article about a star-crossed D.C. romance. Turns out it's about the real estate boom.

From the article: "When the Church of the Rapture sells for $10 million this year, the Pentecostal storefront on the corner of 14th and T streets NW hits the jackpot. Pastor Theresa Garrison always says that God channels his wishes through her, and when He said, "Sell," it was near the peak of a commercial real estate boom on 14th Street.".

I'm just glad she assumed God meant "sell the church" - if He had spoke to someone else in that part of the 'hood, it might have ended with Paradise Liquor throwing a twenty on the nightstand while Church of the Rapture packed up the little soaps and shampoo.

4 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger White Trasherati said...

It's just amazing to me that God is a real estate speculator.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger White Trasherati said...

But smiting is a full time endeavor! Who's got that kind of infinite time?

Oh.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hey, I just saw the email you sent me -- welcome to the fabulous, time-frittering world of blogging... or as I like to say when I've had too much coffee and my fingers are faster than my brain, "blooging."

I'd like to send you an email invite to join a blog network I've just started. If you think you might be interested, just email me at 50books@gmail.com.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger White Trasherati said...

Aaaaaand Jagosaurus.

No, wait - Jagosaurus spends all her time smiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home