Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Tar-jay? No way.

Now, before some of you get all keyboard-twitchy and commenty, a clarifying comment: Plan B pills are NOT abortion pills. While it is often confused with Mifeprex/RU486, they are not the same. Plan B prescriptions are simply higher doses of birth control pills designed to prevent fertilization/implantation. You know, the same thing birth control pills do for your system every month, only it's a one-shot deal. They do not cause your uterus to spit forth anything that has already melded egg and sperm and started forming a placenta. It does not do that.

This fundamental difference apparently cannot be grasped by a fundamentalist mind.
And Target is not helping.

What a great employer! I'm gonna' work for Target. They'll support me in my views, and let me really teach those who don't agree with my moral perspective a lesson. Target will be my muscle, letting me abscond my job responsibilities the second something offends my capricious sensibilities. Yeah, that's right, going to get me some monolithic Target power behind my mission. What they don't ask on the job application is what that mission is. Mine is that NO ONE SHOULD SPEND THEIR MONEY AT TARGET.

2 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Blogger White Trasherati said...

Right on, sister. Uh, I mean, right on, cousin! I will have to descend from my high horse and hike my ass to WalMart.

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Leslie Shelor said...

Sorry, girl, but you'd better put a brake on them hiking shoes. According to a Planned Parenthood report, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid and Winn Dixie also permit pharmacists to decline prescribing the drug (emergency contraceptives). National stores with policies prohibiting employees from denying medication to customers include Brooks/Eckerd, Kmart, CVS, Costco, Fagen’s, Harris Teeter, Super Valu and Price Chopper. ( per article in The New Standard)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home