Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Winnie's the shit

Good for him .

I love Winnie the Pooh. Always have, even though saying that as an adult marks you as a bit...twee.

My mother-in-law bought me a Pooh sweatshirt one year. I didn't have the heart to tell her that I have vowed never to be one of those women. And you know exactly who I'm talking about, don't you? Holiday-themed sweaters with matching turtlenecks, Disney character earrings, and mom jeans.

And if that describes your wardrobe, you need to stop it right now. Unless you're a first grade teacher. Then it's your uniform.

5 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger landismom said...

Yeah, I'm with you there. I couldn't believe it the first time I saw an adult woman wearing a Winnie the Pooh sweatshirt. I think twee is not strong enough!

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

I've never worn pooh, but poo poo on the other hand when your a mom is a matter of course. But she is almost fifteen now and would be horrified if she knew I wrote this!

Janice~

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm right there with you too.

Still, Pooh-Bear is the shit and deserves a star, and if, you know, you decided to wear the sweatshirt around the house in his honor, that would be okay. But do. not. wear. it. outside.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Sisiggy said...

One of my earliest posts was about grown women sporting teddy bear sweatshirts, particularly one who was wearing one of those stupid "I bearly wuv ooo" or something on it, screaming at her kid through a fog of smoke from the cigarette dangling out of her mouth.
Gave me the warm fuzzies...

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Trouble said...

My boyfriend mockingly refers to those women as pumpkin sweaters, and you can't swing a cat in this part of the south without hitting one of them.

I do love my tigger watch, though. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home