Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Knows what she likes. And what she doesn't.

Jagosaurus accompanied me on the ride up to Occupied Virginia this morning. She also took control of the MP3 player, and it's functioning "skip" button. So it was 5-1/2 hours of driving and precious few songs heard in their entirety. As a matter of fact, after a few notes, it was pretty much one of these variations:

"No."
"Oh, hell, no."
"Fuck no." (This was usually directed at Barry Manilow.)
"I can't listen to that."
"No way in hell can I tolerate that."
"Oh, god, no." (This was reserved for any songs that had the audacity to be sung by a country music ARTIST.)

And, very rarely, "I love this song!"

She lasted an entire two hours before casually asking, "Hey, is there a way to adjust the treble and bass in this car?"

4 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Erik R. said...

Some people just can't cope[acabana].

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger jagosaurus said...

Look, I know Barry Manilow is laughing all the way to the bank, okay? Okay.

As for country music, I'm old school is all: Hank Sr., George Jones, etc.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger jagosaurus said...

Also: Alabama is a lovely state but not such a great band. SO THERE.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Sisiggy said...

I do hold my driving tunes to a stricter criterion than what I listen to normally. Because the wrong artist could cause me to purposely drive into a tree. I'm afraid Manilow is one of them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home