Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why ya' gotta' go all Olsen twin on me?

This week I keep running smack up against women who are dieting. For an EVENT. And it's driving me batshit.

One is denying herself food because she's getting married. In April.
And over across the blogosphere, Ultratart has decided to "get lean" for Heather's wedding and even changed her header to feature a Diet Coke can for inspiration or something, I dunno.
Another wants to fit into a certain size dress for a company Christmas party. You read that right. A company Christmas party.

The thing is, I respect all of these women a great deal. I just can't get behind the whole starve-yourself-skinny-so-you-look-a-certain-way-for-ONE-DAY mentality.

Good lord, everyone at these events knows you. They love you. All of you. And all of you will be draped in some sort of fabulousness, making you look even more beautiful than ever. No one will be looking at you and thinking, "Damn, girlfriend couldn't have tried to drop a few pounds?"

Aaaaaannd - men don't feel the need to do this. Men never refuse a beer or hot cheesy goodness with the phrase "Oh, no, better not! I've got to fit into my Dockers next month." Bah.

3 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Blogger White Trasherati said...

But I LOVE this blog! It's so comfortable.
Now I must comfort myself with pimento cheese on white bread. Think they'll serve that at the Christmas party?

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger White Trasherati said...

And Henry Rollins LOVES my ass in this blog. So there.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Tina said...

I hear you! I...suppose...I can understand wanting to be as fit as possible for your wedding day, but a company Xmas party, where there will most likely be Chex Mix and wine in a box? No.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home