Monday, July 17, 2006

Because, yes, you do care.

Update #1: We are staying in place for another school year, while the new house is built in PlaceWe'reMovingTo. The only minor drawback is that means another year at PlaceIWork. So, yeah, another 12 months of soul-sucking corporate hell...and I'll only teach one class in the fall. So, at least I'm still living close to comedy clubs and Starbucks.

Update #2: Many of my favorite in-the-Internet friends are either stressed out, burned out, or otherwise abandoning me, er, I mean, vacationing. So, I'm a big crybaby because these people don't live solely to entertain me. Sniff.

Update #3: The Poaikots and I are traveling to NYC on Thursday for a little vacation, sans offspring. My sister and nephew are joining us for their first ever jaunt to the Big Apple. Guilty admission? We're mainly going to take advantage of the last two days of Restaurant Week. Because I? Am a food whore. Like Gwen, I'm a food snob who wants really good food but also will snarf Jack In The Box tacos. If we had them in Northern Virginia, which we don't, but I miss them from my days in Albuquerque. Tacos, and LottaBurger. So, I'm going to New York to whore it up FOR CHEAP in the city's restaurants.

Update #4: I'm going to take another class at the Improv, with a small group that will focus on joke writing. Or what another comic haughtily refers to as "material development". So, I will have to quash the urge to "develop" "material" about what a snide, unfunny assjack he is.

9 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did this on purpose. Through a series of email conversations, we decided to stop writing as regularly as we usually do and thereby deprive you on any intellectual stimulation.

Then again, you're going to be eating your way through NYC so I don't feel so very bad for you.

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did this on purpose. Through a series of email conversations, we decided to stop writing as regularly as we usually do and thereby deprive you on any intellectual stimulation.

Then again, you're going to be eating your way through NYC so I don't feel so very bad for you.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger landismom said...

Yeah, I'm not sure why it's so much harder to blog regularly in the summer, I only know that it's true. Have fun on your trip!

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read and not commented for a little while now.
But since your regular readers intelligent comments are missing I thought the least I could do would be drive another nail in the blog with a comment.
I fail to see the connection between improv and writing jokes before hand.The entire class sounds like a scam.Anyways enjoy the class..
That's it. My comment.
Pray for a speedy return of your regulars..

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

Hey! I'm still here! And I have not abandoned anybody!

Comic? How do you write like a comic? Can you fill me in on that? I'd like to write funny!

Janice~

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just dawned on me that Improv is probably a comedy club. Which makes my previous comment even dumber than I originally thought it was.
Did I mention it is really warm out here. Just to change the subject..

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you have another year before you move down to the sticks with us?

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another year? Awesome. The Blogger Convention -West (or the rest of the month, -South), understands building woes, dontcha know. But this way, we'll get to meet ya and root for the Wildcats wrestlers.

Dirtman

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did the same entry post twice from me? I swear I didn't do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home