Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What're you doin'?

We returned from NYC - nice trip. The restaurants were great with the exception of one Italian place recommended by The Cop On The Street. Maybe he gets a kickback, I don't know. We got the recommendation because my sister TALKS TO EVERYONE. She's the Supreme Questioner.

Poaikots and I went to see the Bodies Exhibition. It's incredibly compelling, though I'm so shallow that my overall response to it was "we are incredibly high-functioning slabs of meat". Poaikots was more impressed and moved, but he's a science geek (Hi, Jag!)

My nephew grabbed a book and chose to roam around the city by himself, finding parks to read in and quirky places to grab food. He's a real gourmand and thoroughly enjoyed the meals. My nephews are awesome. While we were out of town, his brother returned from two weeks in Barcelona - I can't wait to hear about it.

In other news: the boys got to watch Poaikots remove tomato worms from my plants yesterday. He used my kitchen tongs to pluck them off. Needless to say, those tongs are now reserved for that use only. It was a sufficiently gross activity to entertain them for a while.

6 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Science geeks REPRESENT!

Woooooooooo!

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger landismom said...

Glad you had a good trip. Tomato worms+tongs=ewwwww!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Janice Seagraves said...

Hi,

I took a peek at the bodies exhibition, and I am not a a person who gets grossed out, but Ew!

I'm glad you enjoyed your vist to New York, and it sounds like you had a great time.

Janice~

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Sisiggy said...

Okay. John Boy and I are having this subtle argument about wandering around with a book, specifically a tour book. I say it looks stupid and want no part in it; he says if he can't wander around with the book he'll have to write it down or make a chart. In any case, we cannot explore the area without some sort of paper device. Therefore, no one will accompany John Boy on any walking tour.

Perhaps I can pawn him off on your nephew next time.

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sisiggy: Is John Boy going to attend the next BlogCon at Flushing Meadows? I ask because it would be nice to, for once, not be the most anal-retentive nerdball in the room, and if anyone can out-anal-retentive-nerdball me, it sounds like it would be him.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Wide Lawns said...

Oh my Lord, I can just SEE those nasty tomato worms. Horrible things. Tongs are a good idea, but Id run them through the dishwasher before I used them on food. Or pour boiling water over them if you dont have a dishwasher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home