Monday, January 23, 2006

My MP3 runneth over - and god(s) bless Pickett

A (hefty) donation to the local PBS channel has netted...Superstars of 70s Soul. A lovely 4-cd set, flanked by TWO DVDs featuring the bands/singers LIVE, onstage, in all their geriatric fundraising glory.

Sigh.

It's a good life I'm livin'.

Sidebar: How have I lived in this area that Jagosaurus calls Occupied Virginia for lo these many years and NOT KNOWN that Wilson "Wicked" Pickett was my neighbor?!?
How does that happen, people? Living thisfreakinclose to a legend and I never even stopped by to say "thanks, man, your music helped round out the edges of my life" and now he's dead.

Again with the sigh....

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Marigoldie said...

According to her obit, Shirley Horn died in a nursing home in DC.

Shirley Horn was lying in a home, and I didn't go visit her? It sure is sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home